Ground floor, room 001
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 2180 - 5604
Areas of interest
I’m interested in a range of topics in applied microeconomics, currently focusing on
- Development Economics
- Labor Economics
- Organizational Economics
In my work I incorporate elements of machine learning, both, unsupervised learning (e.g., probabilistic clustering) and supervised learning (e.g. decision trees).
Working papers and work in progress
- Identifying and teaching high-growth entrepreneurship: Experimental evidence from entrepreneurship academies for university students in Uganda (joint with Vojtech Bartos, Kristina Czura and Brendan Shanks). This project is preregistereted in the AEA Registry #0004502 https://doi.org/10.1257/rct.4502-1.0.
- The Minimum Wage and Educational Attainment: An Empirical Investigation into the German Federal Minimum Wage (Draft available on request)
- Demand and Supply of Charitable Donations to Natural Disasters: Evidence from an Online Marketplace (joint with Rajshri Jayaraman (University of Toronto) and Marrit Teirlinck (ESMT Berlin)) (Draft available on request)
- Management practices and firm performance during the Great Recession: Evidence from Spanish survey data (joint with Florian Englmaier (LMU Munich), Jose E. Galdon-Sanchez (University of Navarre) and Ricard Gil (Queens University))
- Understanding the contractual configurations of urban labor markets in developing countries using machine learning (Draft available on request)
Education and research experience
- Oct 2016 – present: PhD student in Economics, Munich Graduate School of Economics at LMU Munich
- Jul 2014 – Jul 2016: Research associate, Department of Economics & School of Global Policy and Strategy, University of California - San Diego, CA (USA)
- Aug 2013 – Jun 2014: Master in International and Development Economics, Yale University, New Haven, CT (USA)
- Aug 2012 – Dec 2012: Study abroad semester, HEC Montreal (Canada)
- Aug 2010 – Jun 2013: Bachelor in Economics, Tilburg University (Netherlands)
Find the most recent copy of my full CV here.